Tuesday, November 10, 2009

school pictures.

The kids brought home their school pictures a few days ago.  Just as I do every year, I pulled down our traditional 5 frame school picture holder and slid this year's in front of the previous.  All with the exception of Dusan's...let's have a closer look at his school picture, shall we?
Photobucket

Here it is in all of it's P.E. teaching glory... mad P.E. teacher expression, 5 o'clock, let's make that 9 o'clock shadow, and don't forget the black traditional whistle around the neck to emphasize a little extra authority. 

The problem with this picture of Dusan is that it was taken 4 years ago.  While the kids and I do our annual duty of color-coordinating, smiling our best, and taking the school photo, Dusan is falling short.  Behind our current pictures are layers of years past, but Dusan's is this one measily picture which looks to represent not one of his better teaching days. 

And speaking of layers, let's take a walk down "hair" history lane, shall we?
Photobucket
2007:
Photobucket
2008:
Photobucket
2009:
Photobucket
Yeah, they're all mine.

Question: What the heck happened in 2008?  Where were my friends to slap me around and remind me that I didn't need to channel my inner "Where's Waldo"?  Had I taken a sabbatical from teaching to go be a spy? 

Ahhhh, yes.  It is all coming back to me now.  I was "saving money".  A d.i.y. experiment gone bad.  very bad.  a $5 box of Clairol at the drugstore and I had myself a darn good disguise.  Thankfully there are very patient hairdressers in the world, and one of them happens to be mine. 

8 comments:

Rochelle said...

ummmmm! Not quite sure what to say! But I will say "GLASSES"? Okay, that's enough. You're still pretty stinkin' cute in every one of those photos.

twinkelydots said...

Glad to see you've accessorized with beads. Yeah beads!

Erin said...

HA! You are too funny. I actually loved all three of your pictures. Where's Waldo or not you look pretty darn cute!

sundyh said...

Just use the fabulous pic of Dusan in your latest blog.
It's even color-coordinated.
And it's a school picture.
What more do you want, mom?

Jessica said...

I love it! Such a great idea for school photos! Thanks for sharing!

Leanne said...

It really wasn't that bad... You know I'd tell you. I did notice, though, you haven't aged at all. How do you pull that off?

Lisa said...

I'm putting in my request for school photos!

Unused Account said...

If that 2008 photo is the worst you've looked then heaven help the rest of us.

Where's Waldo, my butt!
You're always gorgeous!

 
© My Colorful Life
CoffeeShop Designs