Monday, January 12, 2009

a nice surprise

Although dinnertime is often my favorite part of the day...at times it can be challenging.
With these two turkeys avoiding their vegetables at all costs... I needed to take a break....
Photobucket
Photobucket
I retreated to the office for about 10 minutes while everyone finished up their plates...
or pretending to be finishing at least.
Eventually I heard screaming as well as water running non-stop so decided I should become a force to be reckoned with... much to my surprise, this is how I found Avery!
Photobucket
She had taken the initiative to belly up to the sink and lend me a hand.
Photobucket
She shared with me that she was giving the dishes a bubble bath.
Photobucket
She worked diligently until the last one was clean. Her shirt and jeans were soaked in the end, but she felt so proud.
Photobucket
What a lift for me. One thing is for sure, she is growing up way too quick!

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

i agree about the growing up too quick part. Sad right? How cute that she helped out though. Geez...don't you wish we lived closer. I miss you guys!

twinkelydots said...

What a great surprise! Now if I could only teach the dogs to was the dishes using soap & not their tongues.

Mrs.Wille said...

brings a tear to my eyes...so adorably cute, but it must be a girl thing because to this day kevin hasn't done the dishes once.

Leanne said...

WOW!!! So it is possible to get help from kids around the house. Incredible!
Tell Avery I'll be expecting at 6:30 this evening ... and I pay cash.

gooseandsissy said...

maybe she was trying to get all those vegis down the drain before you came back out?? Thats something Parker would do :-)

 
© My Colorful Life
CoffeeShop Designs