Friday, June 4, 2010

open house.

The kids could not wait to parade their dad through their classrooms this year to show off all their hard work.
Photobucket
Davin loves everything science related.  He couldn't wait to bring this fossil home.  And I loved this lion he created in the Meet the Masters art program.
Photobucket
Avery's class has been working on a farm unit.  She served us homemade butter with bread.  The classroom was complete with all sorts of animal projects...even her teacher adorned her two red-ribboned ponytails that night.  So fun...
Photobucket

Photobucket
Hunter's class started the night with a "Gold Rush" musical aligned with the Social Studies curriculum.  So fun!
Photobucket
We got to enjoy a few of his recent art projects including his galleon and tear art mission...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
But the highlight of the night was Hunter's hero essay written all about Dusan.  I think I even saw some misty eyes...
Photobucket

7 comments:

Erin said...

That essay is the best! I love that he says his dad is "funny and loud." :) And "heaven on earth"...too cute!

Andrea said...

That was so sweet....I think my eyes were a little misty!

Becky said...

misty eyed - check! It looks like all three had a great year!

Lori said...

OMG. That is the sweetest thing I've read! I don't know who's luckier Dusan or Hunter!

Rochelle said...

oh my goodness! I had tears in my eyes too. That is so sweet and you both should be so proud.

Mindy Swenson Kinnier said...

Yay! I am so glad you guys liked everything. It was fun to see your whole family there. Thanks for all your help last week!

Rebekah Williams said...

I KNOW my eyes are misty after reading that fantastic essay. What wonderful children you and Dusan have raised--getting to see Hunter's view of his dad proves it.

 
© My Colorful Life
CoffeeShop Designs