Thursday, October 15, 2009

wanted...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
...new subjects for my camera to play with.  are you in? as you can see, i just can't get enough of the pictures from our Sunday at the park.  the family fun is few and far between these days, but only 5 games to go... not that i'm counting.

this weekend won't be as cheer-io, i'm afraid.  i am having major oral surgery on my front tooth at UCLA School of Dentistry.  on my fake front tooth.  i knocked the real one out in college dancing at a club.  i swear I have rhythm, it was just an honest slip...

that cost me my smile. 

the fake tooth was fine for a while, besides the fact that it slowly turned a buttery pink that only was noticeable EVERY time I smile.  then wouldn't you know, about 6 years ago, i'm doing laundry, and pouring the fabric softner in the Downey Ball (you know the thingy you fill up, plug, and toss in so you don't have to worry about missing the darn rinse cycle?).  not knowing my own strength, i pulled the plug right out of the ball and smacked the plug directly onto my fake tooth (shattering the root and breaking the metal post off above the gumline). 

there you have it.

my fake tooth needed to come out 6 years ago and be replaced by a dental implant.  i put it off.  it is very expensive.  it is very scary.  i have been smiling Mona Lisa Style for a loooooong time.  It is time.  The dentist says it is an absolute miracle that the tooth has never fallen out in a hamburger...
or soup for that matter.

so Saturday it is.  vicodin here i come.  i gave birth 3 times, surely i can get my front tooth fixed right?

documentation will be taken before, during, and after.  it will be posted, followed by a BIG smile...i hope.

7 comments:

Caitlin said...

I am in...I will even volunteer my other half maybe an Engagement session is in your future???

Mary said...

oh wow that was an awesome story about your tooth (i'm sure it's not awesome to you, but.. lol)
anyway good luck!

Mrs.Wille said...

i'll be holding your hand in spirit and i can't say it'll be fun but it will be alot better than child birth ;-)

Michelle Vandepol said...

hats off to your bravery. i will say a prayer for you and check back for pics of that great smile

Rochelle said...

prayers for you all around this weekend. i hope the vicodin works like it should and you will feeling GOOOD! xo.

Lisa said...

I'll be thinking of you today. Stay Strong, stay medicated, and it will be over soon.

Mrs. Edwards said...

I am thinking about you today! Can't wait to see the new smile!

 
© My Colorful Life
CoffeeShop Designs