A traditional family favorite:
1/2 cup softened butter or margerine
3 tbs. powdered sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1. Cream margerine. Add sugar. Slowly add the flour and nuts.
2. Mixture will be dry.
3. Shape into crescents the size of your finger
4. place 12 on a greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 350 degress for 20 minutes.
6. Submerge the hot cookies in sifted powdered sugar.
7. Let cool on a baker's rack.
Best served with hot coffee.
My dad loved eating these when he was a kid and I have a faint memory of baking them with Grandma Ruby. I loved starting this tradition with my kids.