Friday, November 27, 2009

over the meadow...

Photobucket

I am not going to deny that I was little mopey this Thanksgiving.  I really missed my family.  My parents traveled up to San Francisco to be with my sister and her husband.  There is nothing like the transition from Thanksgiving to Black Friday in Union Square.  I really wanted to be there.  Badly. 

We headed over to my in laws house for our feast.  Dusan's whole family was there arriving in shifts.  I decided to take some pictures around their house.  We were married there.  It is a beautiful spacious home (7 1/2 bathrooms), but has never lost its feeling of coziness.  

Photobucket

Photobucket

The food was the best. My mother-in-law always insists we come empty-handed. She does it all.  She makes it look easy.  A football game is on in every room.  There are enough pillows to lay a school full of children to sleep.  So comfortable.  So cozy. 
Photobucket

After the meal, we all sat around scowering the ads for Black Friday, the kids circled and initialed every toy they might want.  We played 12 rounds of Scattegories, which reminded me how creative (and sneaky) Dusan can be.  No, there is no such appliance as an egg bater. 

Photobucket

The kids always have free reign at Grammie's house.  Building forts, baking in the kitchen, lounging in jammies, and as you can see playing "beauty shop".
Photobucket
A fun family day together.  All of us.  Under one big roof.  Feeling thankful to have each other.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

WE missed you too! - this is Lisa on Mom's account. We're going to Union Square.

Michelle Vandepol said...

love this post. very cozy and family
(and your shoe and tight combo is the cutest!)

Sara said...

Wow, we are living the same but different lives! I was mopey too! Mine was because my husband wasn't around. He was supposed to be, but last minute they sent him to Malibu, to do nothing for a couple of days. Like yours, it picked up once I was around the family. It was a nice thanksgiving, just not the same. Cute fam, by the way!

Rebekah Williams said...

What a house!!!! A great place to spend the holiday, I'm sure, but I understand missing the parents that day.

Oh, and your purple tights with those shoes?? Ah. So sweet.

Anonymous said...

I love your tights and shoes! They are fantastic! Where did you get them?!?!?

 
© My Colorful Life
CoffeeShop Designs