Wednesday, August 12, 2009

the mission.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Dusan was wrong. The Mission San Juan Capistrano was both historic and beautiful. Hunter and I split off and took the walking audio tour together while Dusan, Avery, and Davin played "I Spy" (mission style of course). It was both educational and interesting. He loved the cemetary. i loved the chapel. I am so glad we went, as it was on my "summer bucket list". I think he is now officially ready for fourth grade.

Next we were off to the petting zoo...

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love it! I taught Elementary for six years (1st grade in Utah,
4th grade in Virginia for three years, and 5th grade for two years in San Diego) and my kids are poor teachers' kids too who get random knowledge stuffed down their throats at all times!

I was kind of bummed I didn't get to teach 4th grade in San Diego because it's my favorite and because I wanted to learn more about the missions. So cool! Your son will appreciate the trip when he is at the top of his class in history. :)

p.s. Your pictures look great! Are you shooting in manual mode all the time or do you use "p" and other settings?

Rochelle said...

super fun. i love it when you can mix education and a good time. double whammy!

 
© My Colorful Life
CoffeeShop Designs