A few things I want to remember about my date night with Davin last night:
- He picked which dress I should wear (and gently asked me not to wear any bright colored tights)
- Cologne. period.
- He wanted to wear matching Celtics jerseys, then much to my relief, he came to his senses.
- Dinner with 5 friends and their moms at Red Robin. The way these boys tried to keep it together because we were in a restaurant.
- The anxiety leading up to the dance for him over the idea of "the slow dance"
- The way he approached me with a low-hung head when the first slow song came on.
- Slow dancing all 3 times to what felt like the longest songs in the universe.
- Drew remarking "Why the long face Davin? At least you have a mom!" good man Drew. good man.
- He led the conga line of 30+ 4th graders with the expression of a root canal.
This was a super special night to me and Im so glad we get to do it all over again next year.