Sunday, October 24, 2010

Cub Scout Firestone Camp


 A few things I don't want to forget about this 18 hour camping excursion:
  • King Spiders are nocturnal and rampant in the Firestone encampment area
  • Broken tent zippers make for a restless night of sleep knowing that King Spiders are nocturnal
  • Spam is slimy and smells like dog food, but for some reason, boys love it.
  • Singing, while cooking Spam, makes you forget about the unique jelly-like substance that it is packaged with
  • When in large packs, coyotes can be very loud in the middle of the night
  • Tent walls are very thin
  • Slingshots, archery, BB guns, and tomahawks make for a very exciting day of events.
  • port o pottys marked "women only" are cleaner than all the rest
  • I felt like MC Hammer in my protective eyewear
  • brushing your teeth in the dark from a water spigot is "roughing it".
  • A camp fire at night definitely completes a camping trip.  And without one, it is COLD.
  • Lastly, I don't fit in a child-sized sleeping bag.  I just don't.




1 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

Found your blog through Sunny Side Up and wow that Spider would be enough for me to sleep standing and with one eye open!! Looks like you got a lot of great pictures from the camp trip! Your blog is adorable and so is your family:)

 
© My Colorful Life
CoffeeShop Designs