Wednesday, September 15, 2010

yard fort

I love our backyard.  It was the biggest selling point of the house when we found it.  We all spend countless hours out there.  It lends itself to games, parties, hide-n-seek, relaxation, growth of all kinds, and this week...

Creativity.

Photobucket
Davin & Avery have been hard at work way out back hammering, building, duct-taping, carrying, tieing, and hiding in their new fort.

I'm not invivted, so I put on my best lense and photgraphed what I could...
from a distance of course.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
These are fort-maiking hands.  Blisters and all.
Photobucket
Bits and pieces of a conversation I caught upwind from the fort yesterday:

Davin: Avery, what's your W.O.C.?
Avery: My what?
Davin: You know, What's your W.O.C.??
Avery: what's that?
Davin: Your Weapon of Choice?
Avery: no response


A few minutes later they both ran into the house and quickly returned back out to the fort with their marshmallow shooters under their arms. 

Ah.... protection at its finest.

2 comments:

Heatherly said...

That is just too darn cute!!!

Carolyne said...

Gorgeous photos!

 
© My Colorful Life
CoffeeShop Designs