Monday, December 7, 2009

on the 7th day...

I about had a fit last night as I looked around and saw how the house looked like a storage box explosion.  Yes, we had our tree.  Yes, the boxes of decorations had migrated from the garage into the house.  However Dusan and I had the "Christmas fight" last night.  You know the one.  Don't act like you don't.  The one where something stupid like wrapping lights around garland turns into a "do it my way, it's better" type of a discussion.  Then voices get louder.  Then lights are being flung. The kids are uncomfortable.  A male member of the family (no names mentioned) then unnecessarily storms out of the room,  Yep, you remember now, don't you? 

Ours typically takes place around the 23rd.  Nice and convenient just as we are getting ready to spend a 48 hour span of time with both sides of the family.

Well, what a relief... and how great it feels to get it out of the way so early in the month.  We're done.  We don't need to have another one for the rest of this oh-so-merry season.  I strongly suggest you get yours over with too...I dare ya. 

We're back to hand-holding for now. 


So this is what our family room looked like in the aftermath of last night's not so fun turn of events.  Don't worry, no one was hurt.



Thanks to El Nino for cutting us a break from soccer practice, everyone in the family pitched in tonight to make this place feel alot more like Christmas. 









That picture above with the couch next to the fireplace?  I might just sleep right there tonight.  Maybe

6 comments:

Rebekah Williams said...

Oh, I know the one. Yes. I know it.

Sara said...

LMAO at the fact that you two fight right before spending 48 hours with your families. True.. oh. so. true.

Leanne said...

This is one of my favorite posts to date... REALITY. It's so good to hear. Sometimes we post only best & rosiest versions of our family, but the truth is... every moment of our lives are not "scrapbook material". Thanks for keepin' real, girl.

Andrea said...

So true. Ours is usually Christmas Eve, of all nights! Generally it ends with me calling Micah a dirty name. I'm not proud but it is reality at its best! what can I say......"its the holidays and we're all miserable!"

Rochelle said...

this is so funny!It's usually when we are pulling up to my in-law's house and then I scream "now look happy, damn it". So true...

Lisa said...

'tis the season.

 
© My Colorful Life
CoffeeShop Designs