Monday, January 14, 2008

Look what we found!



We are constantly amazed at what pops up each season in our backyard. Last year's amazement was guava, before that it was the apple-sized persimmons. This weekend we found these potatoe-yam-like things!

The craziest part is that I dug them out of pots that I had planted only spring flowers in a few months ago?!?!

It was a fun discovery, but noone in our house is too anxious to eat them- do you blame us? The experience of finding them was much more exciting!

4 comments:

Christine said...

The big one looks like a baby alien!
Scary!

elizabeth kartchner said...

Cute pic!!

Avery's coat is from Gymboree!

Don't you love animal print lately! I do!!

Victoria said...

I love your blog! A couple of months ago my brother Nick found some type of animal skull in our backyard. It was so weird looking! See ya later!

{priscilla} said...

Hey There Mrs.Ancich-
This is Victoria's favorite Auntie! She loves her teachers! Talks about her teachers more than her friends! :) Just wanted to stop by and say hello. By the way those things you dug up look like sweet potatoe's! My husband is tongan and they love to eat those all the time. They're actually very good! You can either peel them and boil them or wrap them in tin foil and bake them. Just like regular potatoes! It might be fun for your kids to try them...my kids love eating them. Take care and tell Luvie (victoria) I said HI! Priscilla Kauvaka

 
© My Colorful Life
CoffeeShop Designs