Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year...New Opportunities

I always do some major self-analyzing at this time of year. Fine-tuning.

For 2008 I plan to continue my 2007 resolution of filling every single plastic charity bag left at my front door. This made me feel good and kept me constantly cleaning-out which is always a good thing.

I also plan to do some creative therapy beyond my scrapbooking. Focus my creative passions towards others besides my blessed little family of 5.

The final major goal is the old cliche of working out. I need to devise a weekly plan that will allow me to get in a good 5 days a week- 30 minutes at a time. I am such a better teacher, mom, wife, and friend when I have had my daily exercise!

So what's on tap for your new year??? Would love to hear back from you!

Happiest New Year!

2 comments:

So here it is... said...

Great blog! I love to see your family life and your old pics...leg warmers, knee highs, van, fur coats...it's the 80's all right!

As for New Years Resolutions (or as we started calling them w/ the kids, Gifts to Jesus) here are mine:

1. To keep a balanced day. Last year's gift was to have a balanced life which I did pretty good with, so now I narrowed it down to my daily life. This is one of my favorite things to work on because it not only makes me happy, but my family too :)

2. Spending quality DAILY time w/ God in prayer, my Bible study, or a devotional. In the past I've been inconsistent w/ this one so I'm determined! Without this daily time I sink!

3.To ooze positivity...look at the glass 1/2 full, see the silver lining. Eliminate negativity through positive thinking.

So that's it for me. Looking forward to seeing more of your blog :)

Leanne said...

Sara- I love the idea of filling every charity bag. There are always people worse off than we are. I also love the idea of blogging up 2008. I'm glad we'll have this to share as well.
Now... Let's try to actually squeeze in those play dates for the kids and the margaritas for us. It is a new year after all.
I enjoyed all of your pics.

 
© My Colorful Life
CoffeeShop Designs